Sleep is essential to a healthy mind and body. From cognitive function to physical wellbeing, lack of sleep can affect your quality of life in many ways. At Respacare, our team of pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine specialists help patients across Somerset and Hunterdon Counties get a better night’s rest. Using advanced diagnoses methods and state-of-the-art treatments for sleep disorders, we can pinpoint the issue and help put you on the path toward healthier sleep.
Benefits of Seeking Treatment for Sleep Disorders
There’s nothing quite like a good night’s rest. When we don’t get enough sleep, we feel fatigued, low in energy, and irritable. In short, the effects of sleep deprivation extend throughout multiple areas of daily life and can even impact our personal relationships and productivity at work. However, this lack of sleep could be the symptom of a larger issue and also link to a higher risk of serious health complications. Types of temporary and chronic sleep disorders include:
The body requires at least seven hours of sleep during the night. If you’re getting that much sleep and still don’t feel rested or your sleep cycle is frequently interrupted, sleep testing and proven treatments can help you get the rest your body so urgently needs to properly function and feel its best.
Diagnosing Sleep Disorders
For our patients, the first step is to pinpoint the physiological and/or psychological issues that may be interrupting their sleep patterns. Our sleep disorder specialists use several comprehensive methods to evaluate each patient and craft detailed treatment plans based on the results. Depending on the symptoms present, the following evaluations may be recommended:
- In-home sleep testing: From the comfort of your own bed, this test measures sleep duration, oxygen levels, respiratory function, and overall sleep quality.
- Maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT): This analysis is used to determine how alert you are throughout the day and measures how long you can stay awake for a specific period of time.
- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT): This test is used to evaluate excessive daytime sleepiness, narcolepsy, and more by measuring how quickly you fall asleep in a given environment.
- Job-related sleep testing: This test helps us diagnose pilots, commercial drivers, and other professionals whose schedules may affect their sleep habits.
- Allergy testing: If a good night’s sleep is often interrupted by nasal congestion and eye irritation, your allergies could be keeping you awake. This test determines your specific allergy.
Through these evaluations, we can diagnose several types of sleep disorders and causes for restless nights. After gathering and analyzing the results of your sleep study, our experts can formulate a personalized treatment plan that addresses your specific condition(s).
How We Treat Sleep Disorders at Respacare
At our practice, we offer each patient individualized care that focuses on helping them understand the condition, available treatment options, and projected outcomes. Whether your disrupted sleep is temporary or linked to more chronic issues, we offer several treatments to help you achieve healthy, consistent sleep patterns at night. Some of our treatments include:
For patients in need of a CPAP machine, Respacare offers these devices in-house. Learn more about our ResMed AirMini, the portable CPAP machine that’s ideal for home and travel.
Find Relief for Your Sleep Disorder in Bridgewater, NJ
We know how vitally important it is to get a good night’s rest. If you’re suffering from any of the sleep disorders noted above, book an appointment for a sleep evaluation with our medical experts. For more information, contact Respacare today.