Excessive daytime sleepiness plagues many Americans, but there is usually an underlying reason why you’re constantly tired. Scheduling an appointment with Respacare can provide insight into your daytime drowsiness.
Common Causes Of Daytime Sleepiness
According to the National Sleep Foundation, there are several reasons you can feel tired throughout the day. The most common causes of daytime drowsiness include:
- Narcolepsy – Most people think of narcolepsy as suddenly falling asleep while wide awake, but this isn’t always true. Narcolepsy symptoms may also include excessive sleepiness and periods of unrestful sleep.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – When breathing is interrupted, or starts and stops suddenly during sleep, you may have sleep apnea. Because sleep apnea interrupts normal sleep cycles, it leaves patients feeling tired throughout the day, as if they never slept.
- Insomnia – The body requires at least seven hours of sleep a night to feel rested. People who are unable to sleep or only sleep a few hours may be suffering from insomnia. Insomnia can lead to chronic daytime drowsiness.
How Can We Help?
Respacare offers a variety of sleep services to accurately diagnose and treat the cause of daytime drowsiness. Diagnostic testing is conducted via sleep testing to determine the source of sleep disturbance. Respacare provides the following tests:
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- Job-Related Sleep Testing
- Home Sleep Testing
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing
Combined with the expertise of sleep specialists and technicians, our diagnostic services are designed to pinpoint physiological issues that may contribute to daytime sleepiness. Our on-site CPAP clinic offers a variety of sleep disorder treatments, so you can get the rest you need.
Contact Us To Schedule A Sleep Study
If you’re struggling with daytime sleepiness, we can help. As the leading sleep center in Bridgewater, NJ, Respacare offers thorough sleep studies to accurately diagnose the cause of excessive daytime sleepiness. Contact us today at 732-356-9950 to schedule an appointment.